Help with breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by leslie0815, Jan 21, 2011.

1. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Hi ya'll, I was give several chickens and I am not sure of the breeds. So once again I come to ya'll.....thanks always

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Princess Amri

Princess Amri Is Mostly Harmless

Jul 16, 2009
    best coast
    1. California White.
    2. Unknown and New Hampshire?
    3. Buff Orpington and Dark Cornish.

I'm not positive, but that's what they look like to me.

3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Hi, Leslie! The bottom one looks like a Partridge Wyandotte, but would have to see the body better. The head doesn't exactly look like a Dark Cornish, but the pic angle isn't good enough to be sure what I'm seeling. The first one looks like a California White, a Leghorn type layer. The middle reddish one could be NH, but not sure about the one on the left in that same pic.

4. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    First looks like a California White, the second on the left looks like a silver pencilled Rock, but, I'm not really sure the odds are good enough for it to be. It is silver pencilled or birchen colored, whatever it is. The next looks like a really pale New Hampshire. The last has to be a rooster if it is a Wyandotte or Cornish, females don't come in that color pattern.

5. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    Any more photos of them? Does the last one have a rose comb...looks it by the photo. Weird coloration if it is a Wyandotte.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by