Help with Brisea octogan 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marlene, Aug 24, 2011.

1. marlene

marlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    I bought a brinsea octogan 20 used from ebay, it arrived this morning and does not have instructions for it. Is there any where i can download them from or any one on here that can help me with what temp should be set at and how much water i need for the 1st 18 days and how much water for lockdown?.
    Also the turning cradle does'nt seem to be turning so i am either not setting it up right or its not working maybe. Any help will be appreciated.

2. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

the turning cradle turns VERY slowly... so slow you won't be able to see it at just a glance... so i would try it with the bator in place then check it in 5 or 10 minutes and see if it has moved before saying it doesn't work

for the owner's manual:
    http://www.brinsea.com/pdffiles/Oct 20 Eco US User manual.pdf

3. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    You are right, i've watched it and it is turning. I got what looks like 2 egg trays with it, should they both go in? can't seem to get the bator to shut if i stack the 2 together.

4. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

when you order from Brinsea it only comes with one tray.. so not sure why you have two... i would just use one since that's what the bator is designed for

I have two of the octagon 20's.. love them!

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  5. KIDDSBANTAMS

KIDDSBANTAMS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2010
    Lexington
    I have 2 Brinsea Octagon 20 and so far so good. It only comes with one tray, she must have bought an extra one for some reason. They keep temperature perfect and I do not add water the first 18 days, I dry incubate because humidity is high enough here in Alabama. I have read a lot about it and I think it makes a lot of sense. Good luck.

6. marlene

Aug 17, 2011
    UK
    Thank every one for your help. I emailed the lasy i bought it from and the extra tray is for the brooder that came with the bator so mistery solved [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by