help with bumblefoot

Ohh good! The wound doesn't look bad, I was just wondering if you used the scalpel because you were worried about the wound being "gory" but it looks fine! You are doing a great job, keep me posted with pics of the scab to make sure the bumble isn't growing back! Great job, Avery

I'll keep you posted. How many chickens do you have? These are my girls although we list the black and white one last month. Not sure what was wrong. She just sat around, she was still eating and drinking . She seemed to perk up a bit for a while but then she went lethargic again and then she passed 😕. Alison

Attachments

• 20200613_132037.jpg
    20200613_132037.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 4
I would maybe try the oinion on a wound that isn't open, maybe if you didn't get the plug out? But on an open wound it would probably sting. Keep up the good work, Avery
Hi Avery,

Just wanted to show you my girls foot and see if you think it looks.like its healing well?
20200829_170609.jpg

Hmm, the bumble looks smaller so thats good, I would try and pick away that black scab with your finger nail, and any excess dead tissue underneath it. Sometimes if you miss something in the pulling out of the plug, then the scab will stay black and take longer to heal. You are doing great, The swelling looks like its going down too, so these things just take time. After you pick off the scab, (it should just pull off like a human scab,) then make sure to fill any hole with neosporin and vetryicn. If there is excess gunk in the hole get that out too. It may be uncomfortable for the chicken in the process but it will be worth it! Good luck, Avery

Hmm, the bumble looks smaller so thats good, I would try and pick away that black scab with your finger nail, and any excess dead tissue underneath it. Sometimes if you miss something in the pulling out of the plug, then the scab will stay black and take longer to heal. You are doing great, The swelling looks like its going down too, so these things just take time. After you pick off the scab, (it should just pull off like a human scab,) then make sure to fill any hole with neosporin and vetryicn. If there is excess gunk in the hole get that out too. It may be uncomfortable for the chicken in the process but it will be worth it! Good luck, Avery
Hi Avery. Thanks for that. I will let you know how I get on. Alison

Back
Top Bottom