Help with Bumblefoot..

cackleberryandco

Songster
Sep 15, 2021
near Chicago, IL
Long time no see! I haven’t been around on this website in awhile. But I’ve got some issues. I have a speckled Sussex “Winona”, and a bantam buff Brahma “Matilda” who both have bumblefoot. Matilda does not look as bad, she has the scabs but no swelling or anything. Winona I am worried about. She has lots of swelling and redness. We soaked her foot and got the scab off but the kernel and pus won’t all come out. I had to go somewhere so we wrapped her wound and put her to bed. I ordered Vetericyn which will be here tomorrow morning. I was hoping it wouldn’t come to this, but do you think I’ll have to cut? How do I go about that? Can someone give me a step by step with their own experience because all of the websites are telling me different things and it is stressing me out. I am very squeamish so I feel like I need to be talked through this 😂 thanks so much guys!

Pics taken before and after soaking and removing the scab
5819EAAA-51CC-45BE-8658-49C159C6A8DE.jpeg
84BF4926-5FEF-467B-921E-A2DD4B0AB575.jpeg

I am not sure about cutting into it, I have no experience doing that. But I do see where people sometimes have to soak repeatedly day after day, to get everything removed. I hope someone with more experience will see this thread and can help a bit more :)

Back
Top Bottom