help with candling please :)

Bet your getting excited now
1f603.png

I locked down yesterday after I got the humidity right and temp. 1 egg moved in the bator a bit yesterday. I wonder if he started internally pipping?? Another kind of moved the egg. 2 haven't moved. I don't know when they start internally piping and I can't open to look right? Or is it ok to open as long as they haven't externally pipped?

I locked down yesterday after I got the humidity right and temp. 1 egg moved in the bator a bit yesterday. I wonder if he started internally pipping?? Another kind of moved the egg. 2 haven't moved. I don't know when they start internally piping and I can't open to look right? Or is it ok to open as long as they haven't externally pipped?
Don't open the bator it makes the humidity fall, you want to keep the humidity stable.

I know that you guys do the whole lockdown but I don't and never have done that. I know that what you guys are saying but I always put eggs in the moment they are layed. I've gotten all of my eggs to hatch. I just don't spend much time and I don't have anything to measure the humidity with. I turn the eggs until the chick begins hatching then I don't touch them but I watch. Ducklings have a harder time since the have a bill instead of a beak. So where it might take a chicken maybe 16 hours a duckling I've had would go for more than 24 hours. I don't help until after the 24 hour mark and if there is a crack in the eggshell. I never remove the duckling from the egg; the duckling must push itself out or must hope gravity can have it fall out.

Why do you need to open it to look at them? Sounds like they aren't ready to see you yet....If they just went into lock down then there's really no need for you to do anything. Even if they internally pipped why do you need to know, it's not even there due date yet...

I Mean they will not be shy about letting you know WHERE COMING!!!

Your on there schedule not yours. And right now There most important job is to decide what to wear, comb there fur, put on there make up, prep, prep prep, so that when they do pop out, you'll be impressed with them. So when they are done fixing themselves up, they will most definitely let you know.

Your best bet is to. SIT ON THOSE HANDS. they don't need you right now, they are going to torment you for a while but once they are done. SURPRISE!!!

Last edited:
I know that you guys do the whole lockdown but I don't and never have done that. I know that what you guys are saying but I always put eggs in the moment they are layed. I've gotten all of my eggs to hatch. I just don't spend much time and I don't have anything to measure the humidity with. I turn the eggs until the chick begins hatching then I don't touch them but I watch. Ducklings have a harder time since the have a bill instead of a beak. So where it might take a chicken maybe 16 hours a duckling I've had would go for more than 24 hours. I don't help until after the 24 hour mark and if there is a crack in the eggshell. I never remove the duckling from the egg; the duckling must push itself out or must hope gravity can have it fall out.

Although most of what you say is true about lock down, I bleieve we use it as a tool for us to leave the eggs alone, as you can see in this persons post, they are getting what I call ansty. When people get ansty mistakes and deaths will occur. So the best advice anyone can give is to LEAVE THE EGGS ALONE.

It's not even there due date and yet they want to open the bator to see for internally pip! Why I ask? Even I they have what's next to help them out. NOOOOO...

SO I think the best advice just leave them alone when they are ready they are ready. Evenyhing should be based on there schedule not ours...

Back
Top Bottom