help with candling please :)

Only reason why I asked is because I only added a couple drops of water and the humidity increased to 90 something. I took out the wet paper towel I know. It to mess with them but my humidity has been being stupid since yesterday. I finally got it right and left it alone. But 3 have internally pipped. And one is really pecking at the shell so it's closed and not getting touched. They haven't broken shell yet.

Only reason why I asked is because I only added a couple drops of water and the humidity increased to 90 something. I took out the wet paper towel I know. It to mess with them but my humidity has been being stupid since yesterday. I finally got it right and left it alone. But 3 have internally pipped. And one is really pecking at the shell so it's closed and not getting touched. They haven't broken shell yet.
Are your ventilation holes open all the way? Too much CO2 can be fatal.

-Kathy

"Carbon dioxide levels above 0.5% in the setter reduce hatchability somewhat, levels above 1% reduce
hatchability significantly, and levels above 5% are lethal. Hatching chicks give off more CO2 than embryos
in eggs, and their tolerance level in the hatcher is about 0.75%." That is from this article:

-Kathy

This may sound like a stupid question but how can you tell if they have internally pipped? I only hear pecking, cheeping, sometimes a crack in the egg shell and then they are hatched.

This may sound like a stupid question but how can you tell if they have internally pipped? I only hear pecking, cheeping, sometimes a crack in the egg shell and then they are hatched.
If you hear peeping, they're almost always internally pipped. Only way to know for sure is to candle them.

-Kathy

Once they have pipped internally you hear peeping, pecking that's when you know. They begin to work on the shell and once through it they have externally pipped. Then you can almost breathe. lol

Back
Top Bottom