Help with chick colours

what's the difference between tibetan and rosetta? how do you recognise them?

Also re italian how do you feather sex them?

thanks in advance
My best description of the difference between Rosetta and Tibetan is that Rosetta appears to have “lacing” and you feather sex Italians and other feather-sexable colors by spots on breast for hens and solid breast usually red/bronze for males

Another question, what's the difference between golden, golden speckled, Italian and Manchurian?

Gold is Manchurian and Gold speckeled is Italian ... same.

I am still a bit unsure for the english namings. In Germany the gene factor is called "Gold", I think in english it is "Fawn"

Manchurian is a homozygotous Gold/Fawn, whereas Italian is heterozygotous Gold/Fawn with Pharaoh/Wildpattern.
As the inheritance of the Gold/Fawn factor is intermediate (incomplete) dominat, it mixes with the recessive inheritance of Wild/Pharaoh factor to Goldspeckeled/Italian.

Refer to Mendel's experiments: red and white pea blossoms which heritate in the F1 generation to 100% pink blossoms heterozygotous . In the F2 generation you get then 50% pink (Goldspeckeled/Italians heterozygotous) 25% white (Gold/Manchurian homozygotous) and 25% red (Wildtype/Pharaoh homozygotous).

Uhh ... guess that's more you asked :oops:

Last edited:

I am still a bit unsure for the english namings. In Germany the gene factor is called "Gold", I think in english it is "Fawn"

Manchurian is a homozygotous Gold/Fawn, whereas Italian is heterozygotous Gold/Fawn with Pharaoh/Wildpattern.
As the inheritance of the Gold/Fawn factor is intermediate (incomplete) dominat, it mixes with the recessive inheritance of Wild/Pharaoh factor to Goldspeckeled/Italian.

Refer to Mendel's experiments: red and white pea blossoms which heritate in the F1 generation to 100% pink blossoms heterozygotous . In the F2 generation you get then 50% pink (Goldspeckeled/Italians heterozygotous) 25% white (Gold/Manchurian homozygotous) and 25% red (Wildtype/Pharaoh homozygotous).

Thanks. Great info.

IMG_20200607_210801.jpg
IMG_20200607_210801.jpg

So the first is Manchurian and the second gold speckled? Are they both female?

But here to compare:

Italian ...
s-l400.jpg

Manchurian...
35526758_2095113987425228_8003183892624310272_n.jpg

As far as I figured out . .. Golden/Manchurian/Italian Golden are all homozygotious Fawn

Golden Speckled/Italian are heterozygotous Fawn

The last is an Italian, and looks like a female. Very few spots on the chest, but I have also a female, this small spotted.

But to be honest, the first and second ( I guess it is the same) looks strange ... part Manchurian, part Silver 🤔

I cannot tell.

Back
Top Bottom