Help with chick!!

DirtLaneFarm

Chirping
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
Arkansas
Candy Corn Polish chick born this weekend. She does not walk but
"dances" to get around. I've had her in hobbles since she hatched in Sunday with no results. Last night I put her in a high chair with straws to straighten her legs. She has medicated chick starter and water with Poly-vi-sol. She is really not happy with this little get up. Is there anything that can be done? I really do not want to have to cull her if at all possible. But I don't want her to suffer.
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Give her the PolyVisol orally, 2-3 drops daily. She could have a riboflavin deficiency. I hope you can help her.

Ok. She actually liked it. Still working the legs. Took the splint off because the legs were way too straight. Set her back in the highchair to see if that will help. Very hard to know what to do.

Ok. Now she has diarrhea from the vitamins. Ugh! And her legs are too straight. (Never ending) now I have her hobbled in a cup to keep her upright so she can touch the ground and maybe strengthen her little legs. So frustrating. She does not eat well and I think she may be fading. I hope not but I am giving it a try.

There are proper chick vitamins that go in the water, such as Durvet and Vitamins With Lactobacillus by Rooster Booster. You also could just crush 1/2 B Complex tablet into some of her food. I would move her legs and do some range of motion exercises. Leg problems are difficult to treat. After tomorrow, I will be offline for 10 days or so. Just post here if you need help--someone should help. I hope things go better.

Back
Top Bottom