Help with chicken coop and run

This weekend, we plan on gathering the supplies for our coop and run. We were wondering if this sounds secure. Keep in mind we live in the country by a river and have tons of predators.

We are going to start with a 10x10 dog kennel. We are going to run hardware wire on the ground below the kennel edges and hold them down with 6 inch landscaping staples. We are doing it this way so we can move the enclosure from time to time. This is to keep the foxes and coyotes from digging in.

We are also going to wrap the bottom of the chain link fence with 3-4 ft of hardware wire that is zip tied on to prevent raccoons from reaching in and grabbing chickens.

We are going to run chicken wire along the top as a cover to keep owls, hawks and turkey vultures out.

We are going to buy a large Ecoflex Fontana coop. I like that we can take it apart with easy and powerwash it as needed. We will probably upgrade how it latches just incase a critter get in at night.

I understand nothing is completely secure but I think this would work. What do you think?

This weekend, we plan on gathering the supplies for our coop and run. We were wondering if this sounds secure. Keep in mind we live in the country by a river and have tons of predators.

We are going to start with a 10x10 dog kennel. We are going to run hardware wire on the ground below the kennel edges and hold them down with 6 inch landscaping staples. We are doing it this way so we can move the enclosure from time to time. This is to keep the foxes and coyotes from digging in.

We are also going to wrap the bottom of the chain link fence with 3-4 ft of hardware wire that is zip tied on to prevent raccoons from reaching in and grabbing chickens.

We are going to run chicken wire along the top as a cover to keep owls, hawks and turkey vultures out.

We are going to buy a large Ecoflex Fontana coop. I like that we can take it apart with easy and powerwash it as needed. We will probably upgrade how it latches just incase a critter get in at night.

I understand nothing is completely secure but I think this would work. What do you think?

I just run a hot wire 1-2 inches from coop and along their 1/4 inch hardware covered run during the day for coyotes and other diggers. Hawks can't get thru

Back
Top Bottom