Help with chicken coop roof

Michele1003

Chirping
May 22, 2021
SWFL
I built this chicken coop last year and it was my first chicken coop. The door leaks between the coop and the run when it rains. I temporarily filled it with foam and some flex seal tape in some spots but I need some ideas on what to do to cover this spot for it not to leak. I used old hurricane shutters for the outside of the coop so that makes it hard because of the dips in the sides and the water drips in.
41007833-8584-450B-BCFD-69D40BCB83AB.jpeg

I built this chicken coop last year and it was my first chicken coop. The door leaks between the coop and the run when it rains. I temporarily filled it with foam and some flex seal tape in some spots but I need some ideas on what to do to cover this spot for it not to leak. I used old hurricane shutters for the outside of the coop so that makes it hard because of the dips in the sides and the water drips in. View attachment 3116827
It's hard to picture your set up from that close up shot, but my first thought is why not slow the roof from the taller height on down to the end of the shorter section?

That
It's hard to picture your set up from that close up shot, but my first thought is why not slow the roof from the taller height on down to the end of the shorter sectionwhat I should of done but wasn’t thinking. I’m just trying to figure out what I can do without taking a part.
It's hard to picture your set up from that close up shot, but my first thought is why not slow the roof from the taller height on down to the end of the shorter section?
That’s what I should of done but it would be too much to redo all of that now.

On the upper section, remove the screws holding down the tin and bend it back up. Then put flashing under that tin and slope it down to the lower roof. Maybe have the flashing rest in a PVC gutter to catch the rain and direct it off the roof.

Back
Top Bottom