HELP WITH DOUGHY CROP PLEASE!!!!!

GardenChickens,

YES by all means it DID work!! It seemed to just disintegrate all that doughy stuff in her crop?? I don't know how else to explain it. However, I will say this.. a couple of days later she has a full crop again in the morning?? Well.. actually not full.. cause she did go up to roost with a very full crop as she ate like a little pig before going up to roost the night before. But she did not wake up with an EMPTY crop as she should have?? However it is NOT the doughy stuff thank God!! What I think is that her crop/digestion isn't working well due to being practically stopped all that time she had all that stuff in there?? Perhaps it's just slow now for awhile until it picks up again?? At least that's what I'm praying will happen!! This morning I tubed her again and put the mixture of spices in again since she did have alot still in her crop and I don't want it to sour or WORSE to become toxic!! I need it to pass thru as quickly as possible, so I felt this would probably be the thing to get it thru the fastest??!! I will continue to use this off and on add necessary until I get her crop working as it should, as I do have faith that it will!!

She's doing WONDERFULLY however since I gave her the spice mixture. She is eating like crazy and she's picking up weight again thank God!! She was only feathers and bones she'd lost SO much weight!! It was just awful!! She's even gone into her molt now which is INSANE i know!! But when her and my other hen started their first molt this fall, she was very very sick!! So she only lost her tail and the molt stopped!! NOW, I'm assuming that because she's doing so much better and is much stronger again, her system has decided to go ahead with the molt?? We are also in Florida and we're having basically NO winter as of yet, so I'm sure that also makes a difference. I obv wish she would NOT molt now because it takes so much out of them and here I am still trying to build the poor little thing up!! But what can I do?? I will just watch her closely and will supplement her with vitamins if necessary and just be certain she's getting plenty to eat!!

So if you're also having this same issue I'd certainly say YES by all means try the spices. I was very skeptical also, but there were no untoward effects at all with us.

Would you mind telling me more of what's going on with your hen?? How did this start?? Did your hen stop eating also?? Has she lost alot of weight?? Any other symptons?? How many do you have?? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm just SO curious because I've not heard of ANYONE having this problem but myself??!!! I did so much research trying to find answers but there just are none!!??? Not even the 2 vets we saw knew WHAT was wrong?? It's just the strangest thing!!

The very best of luck to you!!!!
My hen is dealing with the same problem right now and I have started this spice mixture today minus the baking soda. What else did you feed your hen during the day while you were treating her? She is just so thin and frail right now...

Back
Top Bottom