Help With Duckling Hatch...Assist yet?

I’m so sorry.. Was the egg exceptionally large? Or did it come from a young hen? Double yolkers typically have a very hard time hatching or developing at all. I’m surprised baby even made it this far. You did everything you could :hugs
She's about 2 years old, egg was pretty typical size, possibly a tad smaller than the others she's laid. I thought from the start I had a double yolk in there....but didn't think much of it once baby was developing normally. Thank you for your replies! We have 4 new eggs we will attempt to hatch again! I did inspect my incubator as well and found a small crack in the lid...which I'm sure did not help my babies in any way and played a big role in why we had a complete unsuccessful hatch. Hopefully hubby can repair it for me vs buying another and we have a great hatch this go around!

Ah, that crack would do it. I’m guessing it lowered the temperature by a degree or two, and it’d also explain the low humidity. Good luck with your new hatch! May it be better this time around.

Back
Top Bottom