Help With Duckling Hatch...Assist yet?

If it starts peeping, you'll know that it has internally pipped.
This is what i see when I removed dead baby and candled the 2nd egg....I can't hear peeping

Attachments

• 20240304_114512.jpg
    20240304_114512.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20240304_114528.jpg
    20240304_114528.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240304_114523.jpg
    20240304_114523.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 10
Are you still seeing movement? What is your humidity and temp at?
99.5 temp....humidity on bator says 20% but it's always been off....prior tests state when it says 20% it's actually about 40%.
I've hatched 3 or 4 other times in this bator and they've always been fine.

I didn't see movement, but I assumed maybe he's resting? There was definitely movement last night when I candled

Hold the egg right up to your ear, and tap on the shell gently. If you hear any tapping back or chirping, you definitely have an internal pip. To me, your pictures look like air cell dipping + shadowing, which’ll happen shortly before an internal pip.

40% is still quite low for lockdown humidity.. ducklings do better around 60 - 70%. Bump it up if you can. More surface area = more humidity.
What day is this egg on, and are you certain the temp is accurate?

Hold the egg right up to your ear, and tap on the shell gently. If you hear any tapping back or chirping, you definitely have an internal pip. To me, your pictures look like air cell dipping + shadowing, which’ll happen shortly before an internal pip.

40% is still quite low for lockdown humidity.. ducklings do better around 60 - 70%. Bump it up if you can. More surface area = more humidity.
What day is this egg on, and are you certain the temp is accurate?
Agreed.

I'm certain the temp is correct. What's the best way to upp humidity? I have a dish of water in there as well as reservoirs full.
I'm on day 29 today.

I'm certain the temp is correct. What's the best way to upp humidity? I have a dish of water in there as well as reservoirs full.
I'm on day 29 today.
Another dish of water, a wet sponge, a wet towel.. Anything that adds more surface area will bump it up. I’m surprised with an added dish, it’s still so low.

Your baby is quite behind for day 29. Even so, you’ll have to wait to assist until you can see / hear an internal pip.

Another dish of water, a wet sponge, a wet towel.. Anything that adds more surface area will bump it up. I’m surprised with an added dish, it’s still so low.

Your baby is quite behind for day 29. Even so, you’ll have to wait to assist until you can see / hear an internal pip.
Thank you! I'll keep a close eye on it and add another water dish!

Update...no movement still, decided baby was definitely dead. I did "hatch" it myself and baby was upside down in the egg and looks to have 2 yolks....?!

Attachments

• 20240305_140015.jpg
    20240305_140015.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 5
I’m so sorry.. Was the egg exceptionally large? Or did it come from a young hen? Double yolkers typically have a very hard time hatching or developing at all. I’m surprised baby even made it this far. You did everything you could :hugs

Back
Top Bottom