Help with Duckling!

How is he doing?

And thank you, Miss Lydia and Amiga for responding...
hugs.gif

I still forget some questions, lol...
big_smile.png

I am always relieved to see your responses especially to worrisome issues...and I don't think any one of us will cover every little detail every time. That's why there is a bunch of us
lol.png
!

I am always relieved to see your responses especially to worrisome issues...and I don't think any one of us will cover every little detail every time.  That's why there is a bunch of us :lol: !

Thank you, that means a lot coming from you! :D

I just try to cover basics, put things into perspective and yell for help when I know I'm outta my depth! :lol:

He's always been super healthy just very afraid still

Have you found any treats he really likes yet? Peas, mealworms, or something? Spend as much time sitting near him as you can spare... don't try picking him up, just talk and keep movements minimal and slow... I've seen some that just never get comfortable with people, but some do come around... just takes lots of time and patience... hope he calms for you... :hugs

Have you found any treats he really likes yet? Peas, mealworms, or something? Spend as much time sitting near him as you can spare... don't try picking him up, just talk and keep movements minimal and slow... I've seen some that just never get comfortable with people, but some do come around... just takes lots of time and patience... hope he calms for you... :hugs
He loves peas and corn! He just won't eat when I'm near him he won't eat off my hands :(

He loves peas and corn! He just won't eat when I'm near him he won't eat off my hands :(

Some just won't... I have Calls I hatched and hand raised that won't take food out of my hand... but they will come near to get it...
Just keep trying, and go in baby steps... I have found the best way to deal with ducks is to not force them and work around it til it makes them think it's their idea to do something... some of my most friendliest ones now are ones I barely handled when they were little...

Sometimes Salem will eat out of my hand, sometimes not. Ducks truly do seem to me to be their own little units, with their moods and opinions.

How's little today?

Back
Top Bottom