Help with Gender Please?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Blackkat, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Blackkat

Blackkat New Egg

Jul 11, 2016
    Scappoose Oregon
    Hello I'm sorta of new here. So hopefully this is in the right area. My husband and I just started raising chickens this past April and we absolutely love it! I never new chickens could be so entertaining. But anyway we got 4 blue/wheaton ameraucana chicks and 2 blue ameraucana, one lavender and one olive egger. They are about 13 weeks old right now. we got them all straight run so we have no ideas as to which ones are boys or girls. We have a few guesses going but the only one we know for sure is a boy is Rusty because he started crowing at about 9 weeks old. I was hoping that some of the more expereinced chicken people could help me out in identifying my blue/wheatons? I think that they might be all roosters my husband says that he thinks at least 2 might yet still be girls. Here are a couple pictures and I have more if they are needed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thank you for all your guys help!

2. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

All four of the Blue Wheatens and what I believe is the OE are cockerels. The Black, Blue, and Lavender Ameraucanas all appear to be pullets.

3. Blackkat

Blackkat New Egg

Jul 11, 2016
    Scappoose Oregon
    Thank you for the answer. I was afraid that all the blue wheatons would be cockerals. =(

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Queen Misha has spoken and I agree

5. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    X2.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by