Help with Genesis 1588 please . . .

New incubator plugged in and WARMING UP!!! Whew! Thank you all so much! So 99 to 100 is right . . . right? Going to get digital therm tonight. Whew . . . I hope I didn't kill them all. Should I count today as day 1 then????

Awesome... You should see 98.5 - 99.5 ideally. Mine will run 98.5 to 99.2 but stays right in that small range. Try 1/4 to 1/2 cup water tonight in tray C, but then watch that hygrometer reading (after you go get it at RadioShack/Walmart).
Ruffle those tail feathers, you new momma hen!
D.gif
D.gif

We'll be just a few days apart on our first hatches. Can't wait to hear how you do and compare.
BTW, what type of eggs are you hatching?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Great! Glad this one is working for you. I consider day one the first 24 hr. period that the eggs are at incubation temerature. So, if you put them in now, the end of day 1 would be tomorrow at about this same time. If, I set mine @ 7:00 pm, tomorrow @ 7:00 pm is the end of day 1.

Thank you all a million times over. It's holding at 100 according to cheap therms. Going to get a good one now. Eggs are in and already giving off much happier vibes. one more question if You don't mind;
What does the blinking light indicate? Do I need to know morse(sp?) code?

The eggs are Buckeyes!

Quote:
Mine is irratic once it get close to temp. On for a 1/2 second. Off for a few seconds. Maybe on for 4 seconds with a blink now and then. It is definatly unpredictable.

Back
Top Bottom