Help with identifying duck breeds

lychi

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2022
Hi people of the internet!
I need help with identifying the breed of this 2 naughty ducks and if possible their gender? These two has been 3months old!

20220927_182052.jpg

The one with the dark head is definitely a drake (male). In your last picture, you can clearly see his drake curl. The other looks to be a girl but you will know for sure if she is making loud obvious quacks. They are either Welsh Harlequins or Silver Appleyards. I am leaning towards the Appleyards because of their orange bills. If you could post a picture of when they were little it would be easier to tell. Appleyards usually are yellow ducklings with a dark Mohawk shape on their head and a dark spot above their tails.

For sexing ducks around 3 months you should know by voice
The girls will be a loud quack
If you take a video and upload it we can help with the voice
My girls started the quack around 5-7 weeks
Boys will have a raspy chat and it will be deeper
If that's the case then 1 of them is a male and the other is the female, one of them quacks super loud while the other is a quieter one

The one with the dark head is definitely a drake (male). In your last picture, you can clearly see his drake curl. The other looks to be a girl but you will know for sure if she is making loud obvious quacks. They are either Welsh Harlequins or Silver Appleyards. I am leaning towards the Appleyards because of their orange bills. If you could post a picture of when they were little it would be easier to tell. Appleyards usually are yellow ducklings with a dark Mohawk shape on their head and a dark spot above their tails.
Silver appleyard and Welsh Harleyquin are quite similar don't they?

If that's the case then 1 of them is a male and the other is the female, one of them quacks super loud while the other is a quieter one
Yes if they sound different then you have both
By 4-5 months the boys will get a curl feather ( feathers ) by the tail
Like these two boys

Attachments

• 655104E8-C487-4928-B057-C08A607610E9.png
    655104E8-C487-4928-B057-C08A607610E9.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • 5BBB3BB6-3BFB-4B94-8184-1519E912C832.png
    5BBB3BB6-3BFB-4B94-8184-1519E912C832.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom