Help with incubating peafowl eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by chickenmama623, Jun 17, 2019.

1. chickenmama623

chickenmama623 Hatching

Jun 16, 2019
    Would appreciate any help! Have successfully incubated and hatched chicken eggs many times but my first time trying to hatch peahen eggs. I have 4. And my incubator has an automatic egg turner, but the kind where the egg has to be up or down, not laying flat. I know this chicken eggs I put them skinny end down and leave them be. But from what I’m reading it sounds like that’s not the case for peahen eggs? What do I do? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you

BirdsBeesTrees likes this.
  2. We incubate pointy side down. IMG_7751.JPG

3. MsFluffyButt

MsFluffyButt In the Brooder

Jun 27, 2019
    Wow! That is a beautiful set up!

I have just collected 5 eggs from my peahens and and am hoping to get one more tonight and set them. I read the article posted above, but I am curious what you set your humidity at and if you leave them in your cabinet to hatch or do you move them to a hatcher? I just have a small table top incubator and am planning to set this group and set another group 8 days later and try and let the first group hatch while the second is still incubating... we'll see....

BirdsBeesTrees and KsKingBee like this.
  4. BirdsBeesTrees

BirdsBeesTrees Crowing

Mar 10, 2019
    Iowa
    I had my humidity at 60%. I put a towel down and laid them on their side to hatch in the same incubator. I was too chicken to move them to the hatcher. It worked out great! 6 out of 6 hatched! And they were shipped!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: