Help with knee issues!

He can clean himself when you work on his foot right? Just try and think of when this is all over how happy you both will be.
Yes she said that is okay. I’m thinking about getting him a blow up pool so he can really enjoy himself and have his little “freak outs” with a lot of space for that brief period of time. I just feel terrible keeping them like that, not to mention, the straw making their drinking water super dirty really fast. I had to put it up on a cement block to keep them from spilling it. I’m having his brother stay in the pen with him. They’re inseparable. Had to take his brother with him to the vet too. Had his feet checked also. Lol. Luckily, the duck “String” with bumblefoot is the sweeter one. Brother was being real nasty and trying to bite the vet.

just wondering exactly how high is that deck?
It’s about 3 feet from where he was jumping off of I’m guessing. I told the vet about that and she said that it’s possible it could have been that but domestic ducks commonly get bumblefoot. But the jumping off the deck thing is not going to happen again. We’re going to take this time to build a gate so they can’t get on the deck. He was the one that kept jumping off the deck and not his brother.

Yes she said that is okay. I’m thinking about getting him a blow up pool so he can really enjoy himself and have his little “freak outs” with a lot of space for that brief period of time. I just feel terrible keeping them like that, not to mention, the straw making their drinking water super dirty really fast. I had to put it up on a cement block to keep them from spilling it. I’m having his brother stay in the pen with him. They’re inseparable. Had to take his brother with him to the vet too. Had his feet checked also. Lol. Luckily, the duck “String” with bumblefoot is the sweeter one. Brother was being real nasty and trying to bite the vet.
Boy the brother did not like the vet? That’s sweet he’ll have his brother for company that will make his having to stay up for a while more bareable. Keep us updated on how he is doing .

His brother has always been the mean one. I call him “Green Mean.” But he definitely has the sweet moments. Yeah thanks for all your help! I’ll probably post photos on here of his updates when I rewrap his feet each week. Mostly to help other people and give me some peace of mind. It’s very stressful, they’re like my children. Lol.

Boy the brother did not like the vet? That’s sweet he’ll have his brother for company that will make his having to stay up for a while more bareable. Keep us updated on how he is doing .
String Bean is doing well! They are just mad at me for keeping them in a smaller pen without their pool. 😔 I will try to get a picture of the feet next time we do the wrap. I was actually able to pick off the biggest piece of the nasty tissue tonight after his bath. Good healthy tissue underneath and without any blood. It was ready to come off! There’s a couple more spots on the other foot I will try to pick away at. Have had to change his shoes 3 times now. Twice it’s come off on its own, which the vet actually called to check up and said I can change it multiple times a week as long I make sure the foot is 100% dry before the wrap. Super happy about the big piece coming off tonight! Post more update photos soon and the tools I used if people want. VERY time consuming but worth it!

Here’s some update photos of Strings bumblefoot. Seems to be healing well!! I was able to get some of it off earlier this week. First photo is of it when it was first discovered, few days later it had turned that nasty brown color. I was able to easily remove the infected tissue, nearly peaked right off. The second photo is of tonight. It’s on both of his feet with but the photos are of the worst of it. He’s not limping and barely had limped so I can see how some people might not catch this sort of thing until it is quite noticeable. It’s a long process but he’s getting a lot more calm during his feet wrappings!

Attachments

• C5D5AE82-1D9E-40E4-879D-ED9A3F518111.jpeg
    C5D5AE82-1D9E-40E4-879D-ED9A3F518111.jpeg
    242.7 KB · Views: 2
  • D3DD6C7D-1732-4E20-9C63-644B48D2CE54.jpeg
    D3DD6C7D-1732-4E20-9C63-644B48D2CE54.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 2
You’re doing a good job caring for this bumble. You’re right it’s a process but you’re finally seeing the light of day. Yay!!
Thanks! He’s got a check up appointment late September so I’m suppose to be doing treatment until a couple weeks before. But it is nice to see it getting better!

Back
Top Bottom