Help with knee issues!

TinaandJohnny

Chirping
Aug 23, 2022
Hey! I’m just wondering if anyone can give me advise on strengthening my ducks knees. One of my runner duck drakes will get a swollen knee easily. It’s not bad, hard to tell other than slight limping after irritation. Usually the swelling goes down in a couple of days but it seems very sensitive to anything. (Jump off the deck, which I really try to keep him from doing that!) I give them Mazari waterfowl food. They get peas as treats with cucumber and also get Vitamin B-12 liquid form over the treats. I’m putting some feelers out there to see if anyone has advice and it’s much appreciated. I am 100% willing to take him to the vet to see what they say also. They’re special guys to me. Let me know, thanks!

Well sounds like jumping off the deck maybe the problem. Anyway you can stop that? Seems you’re doing everything else to help using great feed and giving b complex or just b12 it should be b complex. Their legs just aren’t made to take a jolt like jumping off a deck or the side of the pool etc.

Well sounds like jumping off the deck maybe the problem. Anyway you can stop that? Seems you’re doing everything else to help using great feed and giving b complex or just b12 it should be b complex. Their legs just aren’t made to take a jolt like jumping off a deck or the side of the pool etc.
Hey Miss Lydia! I’m glad you saw this because I know you’ve always got good information about things. So here’s the B12 supplement I give them.
And yeah for sure about the deck! I have caught on and put a barrier up so they don’t do that, they just LOVE being next to me all the time and try to come into the house. They do that herding thing male ducks do and I’ve stepped on their feet before accidentally and that also causes the irritation. I’m very careful now but accidents happen. But the deck jumping is most of where the issues come from. The one male really seems to never have much issue, it’s mostly the other guy that has the same knee that gets swollen slightly. Let me know if the B12 is the correct choice and if there is anything else I could do other than the jumping and foot accidents. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0E399F4E-60D4-43E8-BCF2-167A3BEBBF5E.png
    0E399F4E-60D4-43E8-BCF2-167A3BEBBF5E.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
Hey! I’m just wondering if anyone can give me advise on strengthening my ducks knees. One of my runner duck drakes will get a swollen knee easily. It’s not bad, hard to tell other than slight limping after irritation. Usually the swelling goes down in a couple of days but it seems very sensitive to anything. (Jump off the deck, which I really try to keep him from doing that!) I give them Mazari waterfowl food. They get peas as treats with cucumber and also get Vitamin B-12 liquid form over the treats. I’m putting some feelers out there to see if anyone has advice and it’s much appreciated. I am 100% willing to take him to the vet to see what they say also. They’re special guys to me. Let me know, thanks!
Hey there I’ve seen amazing success in Avian arthritis with Moringa Leaf extract it just work amazing on my friends rooster and I post article on this too
Moringa the drumstick tree is amazing for bone issue in birds and help ease out pain and strong bones too

Hey there I’ve seen amazing success in Avian arthritis with Moringa Leaf extract it just work amazing on my friends rooster and I post article on this too
Moringa the drumstick tree is amazing for bone issue in birds and help ease out pain and strong bones too
Thank you! So he’s not even a year yet so can young birds get the arthritis? He just seems very sensitive, more so than his brother. Anything I can do to help strengthen them is helpful! They seemed niacin deficient when they were young babies so I took them to the vet and they got rounds of B12 and got informed on proper waterfowl diet (since I had never had ducks before) so maybe the one is more prone to it?
Can your friend or you send me exactly what they gave him? That would be nice! I’m open to anything that is healthy and extends their lives!

Thank you! So he’s not even a year yet so can young birds get the arthritis? He just seems very sensitive, more so than his brother. Anything I can do to help strengthen them is helpful! They seemed niacin deficient when they were young babies so I took them to the vet and they got rounds of B12 and got informed on proper waterfowl diet (since I had never had ducks before) so maybe the one is more prone to it?
Can your friend or you send me exactly what they gave him? That would be nice! I’m open to anything that is healthy and extends their lives!
Arthritis in birds not like humans it’s genetic sometimes but it’s manageable when u caught it on a early stage , and sometimes it’s not arthritis it is a deficiency that look like a disease Moringa leaf is a natural way to help them because there’s no side effects of this . I use Moringa in many cases like in bone issue , bumblefoot swelling and pain management , in yeast infection (oral thrush in chickens) always it help like a miracle
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-chickens-treatment-of-avian-arthritis.76065/

The dose is free choice if u are giving fresh leaf from tree
But if u are giving ready made tablet form supplement or powder form then use this method

If it’s powder- 1 pinch (10 mg) in a tbsp water dilute well and give once a day , give 5 days then give a gap of 5 days then restart . Moringa powder have some laxative effect so u will see some loose green poop no need to worry it clears on it’s own

If it’s tablet form break the tablet and give small section of 10mg the dose is 10mg per kg
Tablet u can give one small part daily for 41 days https://www.poultrydvm.com/supplement/moringa-oleifera

Arthritis in birds not like humans it’s genetic sometimes but it’s manageable when u caught it on a early stage , and sometimes it’s not arthritis it is a deficiency that look like a disease Moringa leaf is a natural way to help them because there’s no side effects of this . I use Moringa in many cases like in bone issue , bumblefoot swelling and pain management , in yeast infection (oral thrush in chickens) always it help like a miracle
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-chickens-treatment-of-avian-arthritis.76065/

The dose is free choice if u are giving fresh leaf from tree
But if u are giving ready made tablet form supplement or powder form then use this method

If it’s powder- 1 pinch (10 mg) in a tbsp water dilute well and give once a day , give 5 days then give a gap of 5 days then restart . Moringa powder have some laxative effect so u will see some loose green poop no need to worry it clears on it’s own

If it’s tablet form break the tablet and give small section of 10mg the dose is 10mg per kg
Tablet u can give one small part daily for 41 days https://www.poultrydvm.com/supplement/moringa-oleifera
Oh that is good to know! I will probably get the tablets so we can share. 😅 And it is perfectly safe for male ducks? I read the articles and is was mostly talking about chickens so I just want to make sure before I order it. And what do you think about as far as treatment for him? He doesn’t have a constant swollen knee, it’s only when he has accidents then takes a few days for the swelling to go down all the way. We are going to be way more aware of these “accidents” from now on. 🙄 Either way, I want them to have a longggg healthy duck life.

Back
Top Bottom