Help with leg dislocation.

Nov 6, 2022
Hello everyone! We have a slight situation at hand. After watching YouTube, and many articles on BYC, I'm about 95% sure my chicken has dislocated her leg. Has anyone ever popped one back in place? If so, can you please walk me through it. Theres Not really any vets in my area for this type of thing. Or any advice to this problem would be much appreciated

1000002457.jpg

This is her breed. But I have noticed, all the chickens in these pictures have a regular red comb. My girl has all feathers on her head. Almost like a little Mohawk !! But she's definitely a Hamburg

Hello everyone! We have a slight situation at hand. After watching YouTube, and many articles on BYC, I'm about 95% sure my chicken has dislocated her leg. Has anyone ever popped one back in place? If so, can you please walk me through it. Theres Not really any vets in my area for this type of thing. Or any advice to this problem would be much appreciated
Do you have photos of her and her leg?
How old is she?

Can you feel the dislocation?
What is she doing? Do you have a video of her movements?

Seeking vet care would be the very best option if dealing with a fracture, break or dislocation.

There's a splinting manual - you can try correcting the leg yourself if you are certain of the dislocation. https://theiwrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Duerr_Splinting_Manual_2010.pdf

Back
Top Bottom