Help with lockdown on duck eggs please

I don’t. I did have 3 wells filled however the air cells were small so I’ve gone back to just one - the diagram is for chickens thou 😔
3 Wells for lockdown, not before.
On lockdown fill all three.

You really need a hygrometer. This incubator isn't duck egg specific and different eggs require different humidities.
Is your thermometer calibrated or are you trusting the incubator?
You really ought to get a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer ASAP.

3 Wells for lockdown, not before.
On lockdown fill all three.

You really need a hygrometer. This incubator isn't duck egg specific and different eggs require different humidities.
Is your thermometer calibrated or are you trusting the incubator?
You really ought to get a calibrated thermometer and hygrometer ASAP.
I’m Going with the incubator🤔 all 5 eggs seem ok thou they all alive a rice and now have growing air cells.

You're welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

If you ever plan to hatch again, I would get a separate calibrated thermometer and hygrometer. It will save you a lot of trouble.
Would this work?

Attachments

• CC8C417C-598E-400C-A266-319E663021B4.jpeg
    CC8C417C-598E-400C-A266-319E663021B4.jpeg
    422.1 KB · Views: 1
What is a calabrated thermometer and hydrometer? I’m looking on Amazon now - just want to make sure I’m Looking correctly
It's just a thermometer which you would need to calibrate
Calibrating is when you test the thermometer against a reliable source to calculate any difference.

I believe the test is typically done with half ice, half water. You leave it to sit a certain amount of time then use the thermometer in it. It should read 0. If it were to read 2 degrees, you'd know the thermometer reads 2 degrees too high. If it were -2, it would be 2 degrees too cold. Etc. That way you know if the thermometer is wrong, and would be able to calculate the correct temp.
To calibrate a thermometer I believe people use salt.

I'm not sure of all the details but that's a rough idea of how it works as an example.
I didn't calibrate when I incubated, which is why my eggs hatched late!

It's just a thermometer which you would need to calibrate
Calibrating is when you test the thermometer against a reliable source to calculate any difference.

I believe the test is typically done with half ice, half water. You leave it to sit a certain amount of time then use the thermometer in it. It should read 0. If it were to read 2 degrees, you'd know the thermometer reads 2 degrees too high. If it were -2, it would be 2 degrees too cold. Etc. That way you know if the thermometer is wrong, and would be able to calculate the correct temp.
To calibrate a thermometer I believe people use salt.

I'm not sure of all the details but that's a rough idea of how it works as an example.
I didn't calibrate when I incubated, which is why my eggs hatched late!
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom