Help with my runner duck diet

Meal worms is another good source of protein but can get costly I buy in bulk. What else do I have to spend my money on right?
@CrystaBub feeds her ducks Mazuri not sure which one but she can speak on whether this is good feed for Runners since she has one.

Meal worms is another good source of protein but can get costly I buy in bulk. What else do I have to spend my money on right?
@CrystaBub feeds her ducks Mazuri not sure which one but she can speak on whether this is good feed for Runners since she has one.
With 24 Ducks meal-worms are waaayyy too expensive! I'm glad that my Duckies have accepted the cat-food as yummy treats! 16lbs cat-food for $9.99 compared to 11lbs meal-worms for ~$50 makes the cat-food seven times cheaper than the worms.
Here meal worms are for scared ducks who have undergo or have undergone a procedure that requires catching and handling them. - Hmm, i wonder when the White Layers will start playing sick to get some worms… ;) What was that song from Meat-Loaf? »I would do anything for food?« :lau

Hey, my dog Muggs eats that too! Not sure if he’ll want to share with his brother and sister ducks...lol A82216CC-6752-4C9D-9D41-814240A9F30E.jpeg B040C2E8-88F2-4B76-B756-7F4676B7EEF1.jpeg

Well, I guess our friend who traps will be bummed because we’ve been saving mice for him, but now. They go go the ducks...less feed we have to buy..here’s a hint on cat food..don’t buy organic..at least mine..hate it..lol
:lau:gig:lau
Same experience here! - Ran out and bought some at Rural King and they had only "organic" - expensive. My ducks came running, quacking loud, took a bite and silence! Then looked at me as if i tried to poison them.
My ducks like the Kroger house-brand best (blue bag, 11lbs ~$10). Don't feed too much sea-food, it can affect the taste of the eggs. Mine love the chicken-taste.
But that blue bag is know to the ducks as the »blue-bag of death«. If they see it they all run away…

I haven’t noticed any difference in taste an none of my friends I give eggs to have said anything but maybe we are just use to it. Although I have given the eggs the sniff test to.
I am super sensitive to any »fishy« smell - that's the reason why i don't eat any seafood.
I grabbed a bag of salmon and shrimp once and i could smell it in the eggs some days later. Might just be me, but better safe than sorry.

I think Mazuri WF Maintenance is a great feed - and although you really don't need to supplement with it, I also have a Pekin who needs extra niacin so I do sprinkle with Nutritional yeast. The feed works great with my Runner who, until molt, was my best layer. I still give mealworms too, but not because they need them - just because they love them and I like to spoil my babies LOL.

Back
Top Bottom