Help with new duck house

I will look out for it sounds like just what i need, And your right about the temps

Amazing me how far up the way the ducks crap. I think they laugh about it

Theres almost no breeze in the backyard, Its in a valley between the house and trees and almost no wind

Haha yeah, i live 6 hours away from our family i plan on working on it all through easter !

Thanks, Ajy updates on duck knox?

I call mine the Slanty Shanty but mabye Duckingham palace
My Coop is built into a hill and I don't have huge vents although it's enough.

With the windows your putting in you probably won’t need fans unless it’s going to be sitting out in very high temps?
Ya, I doubt you'll need the fans in Nova Scotia. It does get hot there but not that hot and not for long. I'd be focusing more on winter shelter aspects of the house. I like that you'll be able to close the shutters when it gets brutal cold. I do like the vinyl floor idea too. I should probably try to do that in mine.

I know you have probably thought about not facing it north or which ever way the cold winter winds blow?

Ya, I doubt you'll need the fans in Nova Scotia. It does get hot there but not that hot and not for long. I'd be focusing more on winter shelter aspects of the house. I like that you'll be able to close the shutters when it gets brutal cold. I do like the vinyl floor idea too. I should probably try to do that in mine.

I know you have probably thought about not facing it north or which ever way the cold winter winds blow?

I havent actualy thaught about not facing north but its a good point!

I used wood on my duck house floor. It's had ducks living in it about a year. All food and water is kept out of the house and I live in a dry climate. Despite this, it routinely gets wet/damp and I wish I had covered the floor with something more water proof, vinyl peel and stick tiles or something. It's not holding up well as is.

Back
Top Bottom