Help with newly hatched chick

Kambrie

Chirping
6 Years
Apr 14, 2013
I just hatched this chick out 2 days ago...She (I hope) is probably one of the cutest chicks I have ever seen, and I desperately want to help her. She has been in a seperate incubator with a wire floor for 2 days. I don't even think she has tried to walk yet, and I think her legs may be croocked. Does this ever happen to your guys' chicks? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

I'm a newbie so I will be no help at all, but has she been eating or drinking anything? Since she can't move just didn't know if you have been dipping her head in the water for her to drink and eat. I have seen posts of people splinting their legs. But maybe if she's not eating or drinking since she's not walking, maybe she just doesn't have enough strength to do so. Good luck.

She hasn't eaten anything since she hatched, but she doesn't need to yet because of the yolk in her tummy. She is very strong, so I don't think it has to do with strength...I taped her legs like you would for treating splayed legs..I hope it helps

Thank you for helping me too :)

Not really, but she has learned to get around. She pushes herself along with her wings and feet...It looks like shes swimming. Hopefully, she makes it!

I'm so very sorry to hear that. At least you did your best.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom