Help with rescue chicken..breed and gender please.

Quote:
Finally someone who notices leg color.
smile.png

sad.png
Okay the chicken was infact a rooster. Started crowing this past weekend. so we went back to his 32 achers of land to free range with some accomidations. I made a small inclosure so he could get out of the weather and his food will stay dry. This moring on the way to work I check on his diggs and he was feeding there. Kinda makes me feel better. However, if I could find him a home I know I could catch him again. So we shall see. Just giving an update.

Last edited:
What a good soul you are! Such a shame you can't keep him... you found each other for a reason
hu.gif
I home that you can find him a safe, warm home. Have you tried your local BYC threads for a taker in your area? Good Luck!

Quote:
Thanks for your suggestions. I had not thought of that. I just posted so I shall see what comes of it. He looks like the lost soul out there.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Unfortunately he will likely be eaten by a predator. If you can recapture him, you should advertise him sonewhere such as craigslist so he can find a good home where he will be safer.

Have you checked with your local shelter or animal control, perhaps someone is missing a roo?
idunno.gif

I know sounds silly but I volunteer at shelter and you would be surprised what people will call in and say is missing/found!

Back
Top Bottom