Help with roofing questions

Alugo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 6, 2011
I am in the midst of design/planning for my coop - it will have a shed type roof- but I was wondering about the slope of the actual coop - I'm in Texas so not much snow to worry about here, but I wanted to give them as much room as possible- its a 4x8 coop - 5ft high on one side then sloping down to either 4 1/2 ft or 4ft even, let me know what would be best - also - should I put a roof on my run? or just an overhang? or just shade fabric over the top? what about when it rains? Thanks in advance
smile.png
Everyone is so helpful!

We have the same type set up. A 6x8 house, sloping from 5' at the tallest part, down to about 4 1/2'. Also, ours is a tractor so the house is built over some of the run but some of the run has no roof just hardware cloth. About 5' of the run is covered. We are new to this but it seems to suit our needs. Not sure if this helps but I always like hearing what others are doing!

Thank you both! I know I will not be using shingles - so maybe the half foot drop will work fine - I am building it two feet above so they can run underneath the coop - I just don't want them to get too hot!
smile.png

Quote:
That's what we have, corrugated, I LOVE that your coop is see through, so neat!

Thanks.It will be cool when the girls start layin eggs. I can just look through the back and see!

Awesome! Yes I will look into that - I just want enough head room too!

Back
Top Bottom