Help with Selecting an Incubator (please)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pirtykitty, Dec 10, 2010.

1. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    I'm hoping to order a incubator soon to hatch some duck eggs. I would like either a a Brower or a brinsea but cant spend but maybe 200.00 or less. I need one that is fairly idot proof as I'm new to hatching eggs. Thank you.

2. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I would recommend Brinsea, especially if your new to hatching eggs. They are idiot-proof incubators!

3. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Both of your choices are good just don't fold and buy an LG, piece of chinese Junk !!!. Good luck with your hatch.

AL

4. pirtykitty

pirtykitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Thank you.. Which of the Brinsea would be the best?? the manual or the one with auto turner. and do they ever run sales.

5. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

They are having a sale now.. If you are limited to 200 bucks.. and depending on how many eggs you want to hatch.. The Bigest bang for your buck is the Brisnea Octagon 20 ECO, and get it with the Turner. Will be about 150 plus shipping.. If you don't plan on hatching out 20 some odd eggs.. then the Mini Eco is like 64 bucks.. here is the link to their holiday prices.

http://www.brinsea.com/buying/holidayusprice.htm

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  6. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Honestly I would not recommend a Brinsea for duck eggs. The way the fan is situated it blew right on my ducks eggs and really dried them out while hatching. I had much better luck with the 1588.

7. Baralak

Baralak Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:The fan in a Brisnea sucks air up into the chamber, The fan doesn't blow directly down. If yours does blow down, it is in there backwards.

8. domino7

domino7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    You definitely can't go wrong with Brinsea!

9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Brinsea ... less work if you get the Octogon 20 Advance Ex
    Genesis 1588 if you don't mind watching the humidity constantly.

10. TriciaHowe

TriciaHowe Mother Hen

Nov 11, 2008
    Trenton, FL
    Quote:The fan in a Brisnea sucks air up into the chamber, The fan doesn't blow directly down. If yours does blow down, it is in there backwards.

Maybe they changed the design since I got mine....It's an original octagon 20 and definitely blows down on to the tops of my eggs. Never had humidity problems with either of my 1588's.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by