Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cockeral

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Iamgrateful

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 29, 2011
Can anyone tell me if this cute little Polish Frizzle is a pullet or cockeral? It is almost a year old and has not yet laid an egg.

Thanks!!!

its a hen you can tell by its coloring.....mine just started laying this year and is over a year old the weather and days played a role in her laying....you sure you have not gotten a white from her

I'm quite certain I haven't gotten any eggs from her. She in is a pen with just one other Polish who does lay a small egg about 3-4 times per week. So I'm quite sure I've never got one from her yet.

you sure one of those eggs is not coming from her? I have a pen of 4 chickens and they all do not lay on the same day...if you have food coloring you can put a little bit of that around their vents one color on one and another on the other when an egg is layed it will have some of that food coloring on it and then you will know for sure who is laying. I am really thinking both are laying just not on the same day unless you have seen the other lay her egg every time

I have seen the bigger smooth Polish on the nest and know she is laying for sure. The frizzled, I have NEVER seen in the box, I but I do see the smooth Polish in there. In fact, their coop is elevated and she (the frizzled) cannot go up the ramp by herself to get into the coop...I have to put her in at night. In the summer, she likes to sleep outside on a branch (in her fenced pen) and I've never seen an egg outside at all.

So because of that I am still pretty sure she has never laid an egg, but the food coloring idea is one I might have to try just to be sure!

Is it possible for a hen to not lay any eggs at all?

She'll lay when she's ready. One of my Silkies was more than a year old before she laid her first egg. I'd do the dye trick just to be positive she's not laying :) She sure is beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom