help with sexing?

turkeyjerky88

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Can anyone try to help my sex these chickens? Their is only two and They are around 2 months old and im pretty sure they are the brahma breed. If you need better pictures just let me know and i will take some more. Thanks

welcome-byc.gif

I agree they're light Brahmas, which means they can be a pain to sex! Brahmas are a slower maturing breed, so sometimes the cockerels don't really show themselves until closer to 5-6 months old. I'm not seeing anything screaming rooster at this point, but can you get closer shots of their combs? Brahmas are pea combed, and a rule of thumb with pea comb breeds is one row of peas up the middle means female, a triple row means male.

welcome-byc.gif

I agree they're light Brahmas, which means they can be a pain to sex! Brahmas are a slower maturing breed, so sometimes the cockerels don't really show themselves until closer to 5-6 months old. I'm not seeing anything screaming rooster at this point, but can you get closer shots of their combs? Brahmas are pea combed, and a rule of thumb with pea comb breeds is one row of peas up the middle means female, a triple row means male.

x 2 - also, your daughter (is that your daughter?) is adorable!

Those combs both say roosters
hide.gif
I sure hope I'm wrong, but you might start preparing everyone for the birds to go to a new home.

Back
Top Bottom