Help with size difference please

featherfinder

Runner Lover
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
Pinallas Park, Florida
These 2 were born at the same time. They are muscovies and both a month old. You can tell the one in the top of the pic is alot bigger. That one already has feathers on his tail and starting to on wings and stomach. The one at the bottom is my little Gizmo. She on the other hand has no feathers and is still completly fuzz. They were both born at the same time though. Is she just a late bloomer?

86908_imag0008.jpg

Could be a different strain, Internal birth defects, any number of things, most of which you can't change. Just make sure she gets a fair shot to feed and hope for the best.

Any possible chance of her having a dominant dwarfism gene? My scovy, the bigger one, is twice the size of her and is feathering out. They both were said to have hatched on the same day.

Do female Muscovies just grow slower than males? because my boy is huge.

Quote:
Males grow faster than girls for sure. My male is just 101/2 weeks and already larger than my adult females. I wouldn't worry about anything being wrong with Gizmo, as long as she is eating and getting in feathers. My boy still has some baby fuzz.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom