help with standard for grey silkies!!!!

GEORGE

In the Brooder
12 Years
Apr 5, 2007
crawfordsville
i have 3 hens and 1 roo but am confused as to can they or can't they have some barring in the wings( as long as it is grey to light grey) no blk no white no red to brown in the wings. If any one has a good pic example feel free to share it or any web sites that will help

"comb face and wattles are mulberry color, black eyes, slaty blue beak, shanks and toes slaty blue: Male; head, dark grey;hackle light grey streaked with darker grey;back, chinchilla grey; saddle same as hackle; tail;main tail sickles and coverts same as back.WINGS- shoulders fronts bows and coverts same as backPRIMARIES-slaty grey with center shafting darker
Secondaries-slaty grey
BREAST-lt grey
BODY AND STERN-same as back
SHANKS AND TOES-slaty blue
UNDERCOLOR-smoky grey of a shade not darker than top color" This is from APA standard of perfection Book but not word for word or spelling; it is for the male

"Female seems mostly chinchilla gray,primaries and secondaries-solid even shade of slaty grey, Breast-lt gray

Hackle-lt gray streaked with darker gray"This is from the APA standard of Perfection book but not word for word

Thank you !!!! iwas tring to get you a pic but my photobucket don't want to work but any way i guess out of the four i have one that has no reddish/brown on its wing, so only one would be considered but it has what i call barring in its wings Like a cuckoo color. i guess they will all just go to sale and i will have to start over.

I'm a little late posting this :) So.... a grey with brown wings- pet quality only? I haven't invested in the APA book. Have to get all of the mini coops done first.

A sweet lady I know is moving, and she's giving them to me. Can't tell if the roo is black, or grey (light in one pic) either way, he has brown on wing. So does hen. I thing they are beauties either way, and I'm grateful for them. I could wait until I see them in person; but I'm obsessing about them early, because I have chicken fever, know what I mean? Here he is in shade, and in light...

And in sunlight- so he's grey, but with brown wings. And the hen is lighter. Again...haven't seen them, and really should wait until I do ;) Can't help meself.

Back
Top Bottom