help with unhatched chicks!!!!!!

GoldenSparrow

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
My hen just hatched chicks, but earlly in the sitting peiriod she snuck more into her nest so now i have five chicks that hatched three days ago, but there are still four eggs not yet hatched.

I don't know their hatch date and Penguin (the mother hen) will not sit on the unhatched eggs now that she has five of the four chicks hatched.
When i checked on the eggs today they were cold, but i and a friend both felt them stir in their eggs when we put our hands on them.
We felt them do that several times. I just moved them into an incubater, its 90 degrease and rising.
is there a way we can help them get out of their shells?
Do you think they have a chance of hatching?

thanks for your help
smile.png

They may still have a chance
keep your humidity at 65 to 70 %

if you dont see any peeps yet

go ahead and do a water test

if the egg rocks the chick still alive .

if you dont see any peeps yet

go ahead and do a water test

if the egg rocks the chick still alive

whats a water test ?​

Don't give up. It probably has been warm enough. It's possible that the eggs were cool enough that they may hatch a little late but since you aren't sure of the date, I guess all you can do is wait and see. Last winter on our coldest night we lost power. It was around 2 weeks into incubation. The power had already been off for a couple of hours when I discovered the power was off, my incubator temp was 78 degrees. Luckily I had a battery backup. I plugged the incubator into it and got the temp back up. I candled the eggs and saw movement. I still had a good hatch.

my temp keeps bounceing from 93- 105
is that really bad
hmm.png

and is there a way to see if there even alive in the eggs?

Thanks for Encouraging me cmom !
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom