Help with weak chick

Chick_Maelle

Songster
Jul 1, 2020
Hi I had a serama chick hatch yesterday morning, she occasionally pecks at the food but never eats it. She drinks but only when I dip her beak on the water. I gave them sugar water earlier. She tilts her head farther back with her eyes closed. She walks around kinda funny, falls over on her back a lot and can’t get back up. I can’t get nutri-drench anywhere except amazon, which comes in a week... is there anything I could get or make to help this chick survive? Please help :hit
CF12EBAD-0446-48A7-ADC6-CD7F6BC9665D.jpeg

My granddaugher had a baby hatch a couple of weeks ago that had the same symptoms. The little one was a single hatch and was not doing well at all, falling over on her back not doing good at all. What we did was separate a fresh egg yolk mix with water and poultry electrolyte. She gave it a couple of drops at a time twice in the evening. Her chick is doing great, but is being raised by the mom. Keep in mind, I raise Geckos and know next to nothing about chickens, just what I learn from my Granddaughter.

I named her Cheems 😂 and she’s doing somewhat well, definitely not as energetic as the others but occasionally eating and drinking. I’m hoping she keeps getting better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom