Help with Wine Cooler Design

Arvilla

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 29, 2012
I purchased a working wine cooler for $40 to make an incubator. I have read everything available and I am more confused than ever. Can someone answer some questions for me.

Should the heat element (light bulb - what wattage) go in the top fan blowing up) and one in the bottom (blowing down) to ensure even distribution of heat with both being connected to a digital thermostat? Is there a better way to evenly heat the cabinet that won't break the bank.

Can a plug strip be placed inside to accomodate the electronics (egg turners, etc) or should the wires be run to the outside with the strip attached outside. The incubator will be placed on a table in my utility room - not outside.

Is it necessary to place a piece of metal shielding between the heat source and the incubators - allowing for air to flow up / down the front and sides?

I would like to make a hatch drawer to fit inside - any suggestions on construction material.

I will be doing small batches of eggs. We have chickens, turkey, geese and ducks. The little Giant will fit the space available - but will it accomodate the larger eggs without straining the motor.

Any recommendations, suggestions, feature must's and do's or don'ts will be appreciated.

The simpler the design the better as DH and I are electrically challenged tho I have a neighbor who may can help with that aspect.

Back
Top Bottom