Help with yellow knock-off two level (96 egg) incubator

carlinfarm

Hatching
Apr 21, 2017
I have an Arksen 96 egg incubator. Using a separate thermometer and keeping it in the packaging styrofoam I have been able to keep the temp perfectly at 99.5. However when I add the second level, where it is not surrounded by foam, I have inconsistencies with temp. So far I just use it as a hatcher, but I would like to put it together as it's meant to be and use as turner for up to the 96 eggs. Anyone have one similar that they've had success with?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have an Arksen 96 egg incubator. Using a separate thermometer and keeping it in the packaging styrofoam I have been able to keep the temp perfectly at 99.5. However when I add the second level, where it is not surrounded by foam, I have inconsistencies with temp. So far I just use it as a hatcher, but I would like to put it together as it's meant to be and use as turner for up to the 96 eggs. Anyone have one similar that they've had success with?

Thanks!
I do not use one of these so my input is not what you are looking for----just a opinion. I feel if you put these in a really warm room----say 80 degree's or above---they will work good/better. Having read so many reviews on these----its just a bad design---if you got to keep in in the packing Styrofoam for the heat to stay stable. I feel if you will build/modify a small room that is heated above 80 with some fresh air exchange----to set this in, then you can use it without the Styrofoam/packing box. You might could stick bubble wrap to all the sides and get it to working better without having to use the styrofoam?? Good Luck

Last edited:
Another question I have is... Are the turners sufficient on these? They just rock side to side every two hours, not necessarily switching which is the resting side each time. Thanks!

Another question I have is... Are the turners sufficient on these? They just rock side to side every two hours, not necessarily switching which is the resting side each time. Thanks!

I have never done a test to see if this type turning makes a difference over----to the left one time--to the right next time type turners, But I feel it would still work fine.

Back
Top Bottom