Help, Worms in 1-2 Week Old Chicks, How Do I Worm Them?

The chicks area REALLY active, eating and drinking, running back and forth. Curious and very social. Poo looked normal today, and I check it several times a day. As I said the pic was pink and red due to the lighting. Everything was either wormy looking or maybe intestinal lining. No more chems for me for now...

Well, one of them pooped out about a 4" worm, so maybe the wazine is working!
was the Wazine not a problem for the age? I have the same thing going on. I alerted Orschlien's Farm store that their breeder was sending chicks with worms. They seemed unimpressed :(

was the Wazine not a problem for the age? I have the same thing going on. I alerted Orschlien's Farm store that their breeder was sending chicks with worms. They seemed unimpressed :(
Do you have pictures? Worms are uncommon in newly hatched chicks. That was the case in the OP’s chicks. Wazine is no longer available. Most would not worm chicks until they are 6 weeks to 2 months old. Valbazen or SafeGuard liquid goat wormer shaken very well, are the usual safe wormers for chickens.

Chicks can have a large roundworm infection at 5 weeks old IF they've been reared on soil.
They cant have worms sooner due to the worms lifecycle and not on soil.
I start worming chicks at 5 to 6 weeks old.

You might be seeing shed tubular shaped intestinal lining which often is mistaken as worms.

Back
Top Bottom