Help!! Wrong Egg positioning Brinsea Octagon 20

fletchkatie

Songster
8 Years
Jun 18, 2015
Help! I have only previously used the Brinsea minis and maxis and have borrowed an Octagon from a friend for this big hatch. I assumed that they were the same for egg positioning and so have had the eggs laid on their sides. Now day 9. I just was browsing online and have just realised that the instructions for this ‘bator say to put the pointy end down. Have I messed up? 🙈 Should I now leave them on sides or turn them pointy end down?? Will be a bit tricky as they are different sizes/shapes but could try. Lots developing well when candled day 8. Feeling anxious... Any help/advice gratefully received - really keen for a decent hatch rate here...

Help! I have only previously used the Brinsea minis and maxis and have borrowed an Octagon from a friend for this big hatch. I assumed that they were the same for egg positioning and so have had the eggs laid on their sides. Now day 9. I just was browsing online and have just realised that the instructions for this ‘bator say to put the pointy end down. Have I messed up? 🙈 Should I now leave them on sides or turn them pointy end down?? Will be a bit tricky as they are different sizes/shapes but could try. Lots developing well when candled day 8. Feeling anxious... Any help/advice gratefully received - really keen for a decent hatch rate here...
Should have said - they are large fowl chicken eggs - a mix of breeds

candle and see where the air cell is if you're worried but eggs get incubated naturally on their side,not on end,I think standing them on their pointy ends is just to fit more eggs,good incubator,had three,two 20's and a 40, for 20+ yrs and work very well for me

Back
Top Bottom