HELP!! Wrong end pip?!?! (Oh No! Complications!!!)

My DH must be bored hearing about your hatch, poor man. But I really enjoy this. And you should hear me talking to my chicks! Especially when they are hatching.
I hope Rocky hatches quick for you so you can finally relax
hugs.gif
You had a long week!

How are your duckies doing? how many do you have?? I adore baby ducks! They are sooo cute! How is the "late" one doing?

Rocky is still rocking away.....I think he fell asleep for a while. I peeked in there and he wiggled a second, then stopped. I think hes absorbing right now.

All the others were out within 6-7 hours.....gosh i hope he doesnt take that long!! of course Ive heard thats pretty quick compared to some!. I lost track of time on most of the hatches....its so amazing to watch!

Yeah, I am tired!.....zzzzZZZZZZzzzzzzzz *drools on keyboard*

Last edited:
The ducklings went to their Mom and I miss them like crazy!
hit.gif
I hatched them for someone who's incubator broke, but I want to hatch some for myself now. They are the most adorable little things. I didn't expect to fall so hard for them, to be honest. I thought I was going to hatch them and let Mom know when they're ready and that's it... oh no! They took 4 days to hatch and while we were waiting for the last ones we fell madly in love with the first born ones. The second to last one to hatch took 3 days and I had to help it by breaking the shell, but it ended up hatching by itself in the end. I was so glad! Not to mention relieved. I was glad the hatch went so well, out of 9 eggs we got 9 ducklings. I'm probably going to do another batch for her as soon as I got my incubator empty again.

You tell Rocky he must not take to long, but he must also make sure he's done absorbing before he thinks about hatching! 6-7 hours is fairly quick, actually. The average is around 12 hours and I've waited 24 hours for chicks before. I hope this little guy doesn't take that long. I'm sure you could sleep for a week after this last one!

Thats right! You had to send them back to mom! Awwww....well at least you can hatch your own! Are you going to hatch ducks or chickens? Ive been wanting some geese, but i dont ahve a pond...I might make one though, we have a swamp dow the way that might work for the job.

No change with Rocky...hes still wiggling, and I cna hear him chirp too...he really bounces around in there!

I took some of my broody's eggs and put them in the incubator. If they're going to hatch it should be soon. Then we'll see how hen does with the rest of the eggs and if some more needs rescuing. I can't wait to hatch more ducklings, that was great! I want to hatch some for myself soon, but we're also seriously considering moving and I'd like to keep the birds to a minimum while we're so undecided.

I can't wait to see him
pop.gif

Wow it must be hard to move when you ahve chickens. Do you have to build a new coop if you do.

Still waiting on Rocky...
idunno.gif

I don't think we'll move very far, as we want to keep DS in the school here. it's a great little school and the teachers are awesome. He loves it there. We bought a coop when we moved in here. And I bought another small one later, for putting newbies and young ones in. When we move this time I'd like a place with some outbuildings that we can use for animal housing etc. I still want a goat (2)
smile.png

Come on Rocky!
jumpy.gif

They are so pretty! I love those markings, reminds me of field mice. Did our little rocker hatch yet?

Back
Top Bottom