HELP!! Wrong end pip?!?! (Oh No! Complications!!!)

Here is Rocky!!

#8 finally!! They are all out!!!

They started 8:30 am Monday and finished 5:30 am today!

Last edited:
Finally!
wee.gif

Wow, you must be so glad it's over. It's been nearly a week! Rocky looks like he's going to be very pretty when he's fluffed up. Give him a kiss from me? I'm so happy for you that the hatch ended on a good note. Now you can relax and enjoy the fruits of your worries!

Yeah, Im very relieved!!

Rocky's mother is Americauna, so hes going to ahve that cute little beard
big_smile.png

Im really surprised that my Americauna eggs hatched. After I set them, I read that pullet eggs dont always hatch. I set 3 in the batch and one of them was infertile. The other 2 hatched out fine. Ladyhawk, whose eggs these were, has only been laying for just over a month.

They all seem happy and healthy! Im relieved, tired and a happy mamma!

Thanks for all your help Sumi! And thanks to everyone who followed along, and gave suggestions. For a first hatch, 8/20 isnt bad and I am very satisfied! Next spring I might try again! Although, I think i will wait until late April to do it!
th.gif

You can hatch pullet eggs, but they often produce smaller chicks. That's why most people suggest you wait before setting them. But it looks like you got the timing right! I am so glad you got some healthy, happy chicks after all this hassle and worry and sleepless nights!

And you are welcome
hugs.gif
I'm glad I could help and support you through this. You did a great job! I hope your next hatch will be easy and trouble free.

Back
Top Bottom