Help!!!Year old hen wont eat and lose balance.

Are you giving her some B vitamins along with the vitamin E. I would suggest using B complex tablets 1/4 tablet per day. That contains riboflavin. Riboflavin defidiency can cause sitting on hocks and curled under toes. Mareks can cause that as well, but if it is riboflavin (B2) deficiency, it may improve within a week. If you are using other chick vitamins, that would work fine, as long as they contain riboflavin on the label. Plus thiamine, B1, is needed to help with wry neck. I hope that she improves.

Are you giving her some B vitamins along with the vitamin E. I would suggest using B complex tablets 1/4 tablet per day. That contains riboflavin. Riboflavin defidiency can cause sitting on hocks and curled under toes. Mareks can cause that as well, but if it is riboflavin (B2) deficiency, it may improve within a week. If you are using other chick vitamins, that would work fine, as long as they contain riboflavin on the label. Plus thiamine, B1, is needed to help with wry neck. I hope that she improves.
Today I am going to get vitamins for her. Hopefully that is all she needs and she has a quick recovery. I feed her water with electrolytes also. And can I use human vitamins for her? Thank you:hugs

Human B complex tablets (1/4 tablet daily) are fine, or you can use liquid Bcomplex or the kind for animals. The brand does not matter.

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-26_8-53-43.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-26_8-53-43.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
I think I have a similar problem. How do you feed the vitamins and where do I get electrolytes from?
Mine isn’t eating today I was thinking about getting her put to sleep she looks so miserable but now I’m wondering if I could save her?

I think I have a similar problem. How do you feed the vitamins and where do I get electrolytes from?
Mine isn’t eating today I was thinking about getting her put to sleep she looks so miserable but now I’m wondering if I could save her?
I got electrolyte mix from where I got them. I use a plastic syringe that you get sometimes with medicine. I fill it up with he electrolyte mix and squeeze lightly under her eyes where her jaw is, and squeeze a little mix in at a time. Be careful to not squeeze fast or else the liquid will go into her lungs which is no good. For vitamins you do the same thing opening her jaw, then put the vitamin in her mouth and she should eat it. I'll be praying. Good luck.:hugs

What does the label say? If it is human B complex, I would give 1/4 to 1/2 of the dose, and mix it into food or egg. It is hard to overdose B vitamins.

@Eggcessive
I've been giving her vitamin B complex, water, food and vitamin E since yesterday. Now when I set her down on her own she completely loses balance and leans over backwards. When I went in there today her mouth was open and sticking her tongue out, I gave her water and it stopped.Here's what her poop looks like if it can help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190326-110531_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20190326-110531_Messages.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 9
I read the other day that green stool could be a sign of internal worms or mareks...but it could also be an array of other things. With her other symptoms I wonder...mareks?

I read the other day that green stool could be a sign of internal worms or mareks...but it could also be an array of other things. With her other symptoms I wonder...mareks?
If it was mareks, wouldn't my other chickens display the same symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom