Help!!!Year old hen wont eat and lose balance.

Pics
Thank you very much:hugsDo you have any idea if it's ok if my chickens stuff in her crop it's like water, comes out her eyes and nose when I puke her?
Like Eggcessive said, vomiting a chicken can be very dangerous. You need to determine which type of crop problem she has and go from there.

Last edited:
Well I decided to break her neck and end her suffering. We buried her and didnt get a necropsy. But now I think one of my chickens has sour crop. I've been puking her and making sure she doesnt aspirate or whatever it's called but today when i puked her it came out her eyes and nose. I put her back down and wiped it off and she seems fine. Her crop feels like it's full of water. Any idea what to do? @katiegirl0225 @Eggcessive
I'm terribly sorry for your loss. As far as your chicken with the sour crop I have no experience in this. I have read to put apple cider vinegar in her water because it helps breakdown the contents and slowly massage the crop to help pass the content....but truly I have no first hand experience to offer.

After my first chicken with the illness I discovered that all of mine have lice so I have been trying to figure ways to treat them that isnt toxic to me (I'm pregnant) or my other farm animals.

Like Eggcessive said, vomiting a chicken can be very dangerous. You need to determine which type of crop problem she has and go from there.
I think she has pendulous crop. She still talks and can walk around. We have done olive oil and apple cider vinegar. We are going to try and make a bra for her. Also her comb is turning purple. Any idea?

I'm terribly sorry for your loss. As far as your chicken with the sour crop I have no experience in this. I have read to put apple cider vinegar in her water because it helps breakdown the contents and slowly massage the crop to help pass the content....but truly I have no first hand experience to offer.

After my first chicken with the illness I discovered that all of mine have lice so I have been trying to figure ways to treat them that isnt toxic to me (I'm pregnant) or my other farm animals.
I hope you also terminate the lice.:hugs

Back
Top Bottom