HELP! Yellow goop - dead chick

Mar 30, 2020
I have an egg Partially zipped was alive this morning, but is now dead looks like he drownd on some yellow goop? The yellow goop was leaking out of the shell (not thick like an egg yoke..). I opened the egg the yolks sac looked intact but not completely absorbed.

From my thermometer the Humidity and temperature looked good..

Does anyone know what this would be or what they think it could be?

I have more chicks hopefully hatching... so if it's something I can fix or prevent in the future. I would be very grateful to hear others thoughts!!!

Hmm ok! I will definitely have to monitor the air sac better! Or maybe I should try the scale.

So the other thing. I have had another chick hatch now. But he is all sticky and dry coming out of his shell he hasn't fluffed up!

Can the Fan be blowing to hard even though its quite humid in there? To dry them out?

The other thing with the little guy that drowned on that yellow stuff there was a dry film over the liquid in his throat...

Interesting comments. I actually like my hatching humidity to be 70-75%, and I let it go higher, too. I have never lost a chick from humidity, but I have lost several due to shrinkwrapping because I cracked the bator to lower humidity. I wonder if it is because I live in a region with low ambient humidity?

Interesting comments. I actually like my hatching humidity to be 70-75%, and I let it go higher, too. I have never lost a chick from humidity, but I have lost several due to shrinkwrapping because I cracked the bator to lower humidity. I wonder if it is because I live in a region with low ambient humidity?
I live in Ontario Canada. Where are you from? I know the west is somewhat dryer!

Back
Top Bottom