1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

HELP yellow stuff on my eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by busymomof8, Sep 30, 2016.

1. busymomof8

busymomof8 Just Hatched

Sep 2, 2016
    It is the 22 day of incubation for my silkie eggs. I first started hearing peeps last night at 8. It is now 8 in the morning with no piping. My question is, that I did see some yellow stuff on 2 of my 6 eggs. One egg has it on the end and on the bottom of the egg, the other has yellow spots. Should I take them out?[​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from,Kansas, busy mom, and :welcome. Great to have you aboard! I'm a hatching and incubating novice so I'd recommend you post in this forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs
    Hopefully the folks that patrol that thread will be able to give you some great advice. Best wishes! :)

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    do you mean they seem to be leaking yellow or is the shell getting a yellow color. Either way I don't know what to suggest.

4. busymomof8

busymomof8 Just Hatched

Sep 2, 2016
    They are getting a yellow color, I don't see any actual ooze.

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

Strange - never seen that before. Are you sure it's happened recently or is it possible it was on the eggs before incubation started? Could be some manner of yolk or droppings from another egg or bird.

7. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello there and welcome to Backyard chickens! I have not yet incubated eggs, so I do not know too much about it, so I will leave that to the experts on the incubating page. In the meantime, good luck for a successful hatch, and I hope you enjoy BYC!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by