Help!!!! Yolk sac issues

Rastaducks

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2022
One of my newly hatch ducklings about (24 hours old) has a yolk sac attached and another duckling pulled on it. I’ve separated them but now the yolk sac duckling looks agitated and is trying to reach its sac. What can I do to help it?

Can you take a picture
At 24 hours old it shouldn’t have a yolk sac still
Was it hatched to early ?
If I have to assist any and they come a bit early and the yolk sac is tiny I usually put them in a small bowl on dry paper towel back in the bator to finish absorbing
If it’s a bigger yolk then I put baby back in it’s lower eggs shell in a little cup and wrap dry paper towel around the egg and baby to helps keep baby upright and not able to push out till it’s absorbed
You don’t want it to rupture so keeping baby where it can’t move around and on a clean dry surface is best.

Can you take a picture
At 24 hours old it shouldn’t have a yolk sac still
Was it hatched to early ?
If I have to assist any and they come a bit early and the yolk sac is tiny I usually put them in a small bowl on dry paper towel back in the bator to finish absorbing
If it’s a bigger yolk then I put baby back in it’s lower eggs shell in a little cup and wrap dry paper towel around the egg and baby to helps keep baby upright and not able to push out till it’s absorbed
You don’t want it to rupture so keeping baby where it can’t move around and on a clean dry surface is best.
She hatched on day 28 so she wasn’t early. She popped right out of the shell. There wasn’t a struggle. She seems very strong. Here’s a picture from today. Seems to be shrinking.

Attachments

• A726AA57-FE28-48F0-B77B-8630F3FF6012.jpeg
    A726AA57-FE28-48F0-B77B-8630F3FF6012.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 13
  • C3F4260B-32A9-4667-AD60-BCBCDE8ABA92.jpeg
    C3F4260B-32A9-4667-AD60-BCBCDE8ABA92.jpeg
    360.8 KB · Views: 14
She hatched on day 28 so she wasn’t early. She popped right out of the shell. There wasn’t a struggle. She seems very strong. Here’s a picture from today. Seems to be shrinking.
Thanks so much for the help and advice! This is my first time incubating ducks so any advice is super helpful!

Back
Top Bottom