Help! Yolk sack??

HallelujahAcres

Hatching
Feb 24, 2023
I have had 8 chicks hatch so far but this one looks different! Is this chick dragging around a yolk sack that didn't absorb? Other chicks keep pecking at it! Is there anything i should do? I have other eggs piping & hatching! I have not removed the lid

Attachments

• 20230223_234231.jpg
    20230223_234231.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 41
I have had 8 chicks hatch so far but this one looks different! Is this chick dragging around a yolk sack that didn't absorb? Other chicks keep pecking at it! Is there anything i should do? I have other eggs piping & hatching! I have not removed the lid
Did this baby hatch itself ?
I think the yolk sacs are usually yellow but maybe the pic is showing the colour different?
I would get a smsll bowl and put dry paper towel down then set baby in it. This will stop others from pecking at it
@HollowOfWisps may know More as I only hatch ducklings but do the bowl with any that have a little yolk

The color of what this chick is dragging is definitely red! I've never had this before!? The chick did hatch all by itself! Your saying to put the chick in a bowl and leave that bowl in the incubator correct? Thanks for all your help!

It looks like a very large yolk sac. Usually when they are smaller they are yellow because the veins have receded and they can absorb them, but when they hatch out big like this with veins their chances go down. I agree keep it separate and in the incubator hopefully it can absorb it.

The color of what this chick is dragging is definitely red! I've never had this before!? The chick did hatch all by itself! Your saying to put the chick in a bowl and leave that bowl in the incubator correct? Thanks for all your help!
Sorry I didn’t reply
Yes keep in the incubator.
How is baby doing this morning ?

Back
Top Bottom