HELP!!!!! YOUNG MUSOVY DUCK IS ILL!!

We are considering giving her corn flour, previously put in water. Can ducks eat this? I believe they can but I want to be sure. Would corn flour be fine?

Last edited:
We are considering giving her corn flour, previously put in water. Can ducks eat this? I believe they can but I want to be sure. Would corn flour be fine?
I would avoid using cornflour.
Could you scramble up some eggs, and try offering some to her?
If you have any greens, you may try chopping that up and offering it as well.

What is corn flour suppose to do please? I am thinking any type of flour may cause her to become impacted. Is she drinking much?
Since its soft, maybe she can eat it with more ease, so when she drinks water she is also getting some corn supplement in her. She is drinking a bit, not much but we also nearly convinced its botulism now. Earlier today, when we thought she had died, her neck was drooped, also like it had been paralized. Now its better.

UPDATE:
Just checked on her this morning and she made it through the night. Its almost been 72 hours now. What does this mean for her pronostic? I'll update on her situation throughout the day

We found her sleeping like this. Normally she wakes up when she is sleeping and fells us coming, this time she opened her eyes a bit and then went back to sleep. Her heart is beating, and she's breathing. This is a natural sleeping position, so we're just letting her rest
1621179966111.png

Ok, so she's had her neck outstretched foward for a while now but she's breathing. what's happening? Someone know if we should just let her rest or do something? plz

Back
Top Bottom