HELP!!!!! YOUNG MUSOVY DUCK IS ILL!!

Since its fall/winter here we can discard egg-boound for now I guess, and my theory is botulism again, since we have had a duck with boutilism before and we know what is like. She was in a similar position when we found her, neck drooped, and we thought the botulism had reached her neck and respiratory system very quickly. It IS approximately 48 hours since we first saw her like this so it is possible she is undergoing the climax of the disease? She was very close to death and now she's back to how she was.

Anyone have experience dealing with botulism? (We only had it once, however we found one of our ducks dead one day and never found the cause so it could've been twice). Similar experience?

Anyone have experience dealing with botulism? (We only had it once, however we found one of our ducks dead one day and never found the cause so it could've been twice). Similar experience?
can you get activated charcoal? If you can get some in her drinking water or if you can get a capsule down her throat it would be even better. Do you have a store that sells vitamens? We have Walmart and the activated charcoal is in the department with the pharmacy. It is something people can take too and is safe for ducks.
0926E2B5-70DF-46A8-8A83-F214EDF5792A.jpeg

can you get activated charcoal? If you can get some in her drinking water or if you can get a capsule down her throat it would be even better. Do you have a store that sells vitamens? We have Walmart and the activated charcoal is in the department with the pharmacy. It is something people can take too and is safe for ducks. View attachment 2670776
Yes, I'll look thank you

Its officially been over 48 hours since shestarted showing symptoms and although she isn't very well she is still alive. If this is botulism then she should now begin to get better right?

Update:
She is around the same, it seems like she can move her legs but her feet are troublesome. She still chirps a bit, and moves her neck around although I noticed her head and neck are shiveering. Could this be another indicator of botulism or egg-bound or was it just a coincidence since her chest was wet and cold (we fixed that problem already)

When they aren't well they can chill easily, so make sure to keep her dry and warm. How scary to see her and think she had died, Relieved to hear she didn't. Do you have any idea what she could have eaten that posioned her?

Back
Top Bottom