HELP!!!!! YOUNG MUSOVY DUCK IS ILL!!

Thank you :)
I have another update on her health. During the tube-feeding process, we also took the moment to relocate her to a large cardboard box that had been prepared for her (she's not very big). We got a water container with warm fresh water and some food and left it for her and a structure so that her neck can be held in a position just in case. She seems to have gotten scared during the relocation and flinched. She's been moving around and made some noise on her box, indicating she's moving around. She's always been like this so its a good sign. She's also been trying to stand up.

Corn based like for poultry? If she has't been eating you need to make sure she is hydrated before moving on to tubing food.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/tube-feeding-ducks-updated-5-7-2020.1211994/ How is she today?
It looks like she made it through the night. We're going to try to tube-feeding her again, this time we will look to see if we can get her some food that way as well. I'll update a bit more on how she woke up as soon as we get her tube-fed again

Well, she's weak. She's a little worse than last night. When we tried to tube-feed her, she will accept some water but then she'll stop accepting it. Her neck is facing forward again, though its being assisted so its not on the floor. Its like she lacks the strength to swallow, or will refuse to do so. We are starting to worry she is hungry and dehydrated but to the point were she lacks the strength to literally just swallow or is it the disease she has that's made her not WANT to eat anything we do not know.

I found this post: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/help-sick-duck-cant-walk.1443042/page-2
and my Muscovy duck had similar symptoms at first. She wasn't walking, but could eat and drink just fine. Sadly, we only really noticed she was ill the next day when she still had some aptetite but not as much and since then she's been as you know, in a bad situation. She has highs and lows. Could she have that this person's duck had? Or if it were an intestinal infection she already would've passed away? The first day we quarantined here we noticed something like a green substance, almost like vomit or very liquid poop. In fact, it looked like chewed up grass with saliva all over it. Could this be a sign of an intestinal infection?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom