HELP your Chickens BEAT THE HEAT with these tips and tricks.

Fabulous post with lots of great info for me, especially being in central Texas. Thanks! Following the blog and fan on FB now! Looking forward to reading through your blog.
yippiechickie.gif

Bad photoshop? What does that mean in reference to this thread? None of the photos are altered. ???

Thanks so much! Happy to know it helped in Texas! Let me know who you are on" the other side." :)

thanks for the info. this will be my first summer (in Texas) with chickens. i use a mister & it helps. i have a fan in the coop. i'm going to use the idea of frozen bottles of water. hubby empties them all the time. now i have a recycle purpose for them.

i want my girls to come through the summer ok.

Chichens aren't new to this world, Plenty live near the Equator with no Artifical Atmosphere and do just fine... Not trying to say do something different, but with water and shade, they will be OK...
Let's remember that there is a wide range of chicken-keeping experience levels and that what may be common sense to some, is not necessarily obvious to others. A five gallon waterer that may be sufficient in the winter can very quickly empty out in the summer if one is not aware of the ADDED water demands of chickens in the heat. Heat stroke and death are the consequences of such an oversight.

Chickens can use ALL the help we can give them to survive and be comfortable in very high heat conditions.

thanks for the info. this will be my first summer (in Texas) with chickens. i use a mister & it helps. i have a fan in the coop. i'm going to use the idea of frozen bottles of water. hubby empties them all the time. now i have a recycle purpose for them.

i want my girls to come through the summer ok.
I'd imagine it would be quite a challenge in Texas to keep your flock comfortable. The more shade and water, the better. Congratulations on your new hobby!!

Fabulous post with lots of great info for me, especially being in central Texas. Thanks! Following the blog and fan on FB now! Looking forward to reading through your blog.
yippiechickie.gif
Thanks so much, happy to have you with me on FB and my blog!

Back
Top Bottom